Svenska
nyaste
Atrás

Spel

Här inne pratar vi bara om spel.

Help with Floating Point Operations

Hello again,

It is so that I am currently conducting a small work about the upcoming E3 Media & Business Summit and some of its features. In this work, I am assigned to create some small details and synopsis about the potential process of Nintendo announcing a technical upgrade for Nintendo Wii.

While it is not required, I think it could be quite nice for the readers to find out about my suggestion for how the evolution of Wii would begin. To be more specific, I would of course provide fictional eligible technical specifications for the console, and to make this more immersive, I would to provide details about the theoretical performance of Wii. In short terms, info about FLOPS (Floating Point Operations Per Second) with Wii would be determined.

The problem is however here that I do not know how to find out the actual result (FLOPS. While I work with Workflow Management and several technical applications in the related industry (as well as freelancing and
game retailing), I have never come across any scenario in which I was assigned to find out how fast a computer solves a dense n by n systems of linear equations Ax=b. And I do not think LINPACK solves as the true solution to this, as I do not think even that is as strong to calculate the performance of something non-existant.

So, therefore, I call out to all you techies out there. If you know how to help me with this, please either send me a PM or write the answer directly in this thread. Thank you.

Hanyu Pinyin

BTW: I saw a lot of computer threads, but as this is quite specific perhaps it can stay.
Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand.
Hmm...I don't have a bloody idea...Not even a wee hunch...
flying monkeys stole my signature. damn them.
Revolutionpetax?
Citerar Halvirkh:
Revolutionpetax?

Might be, might be. Cause didn't he use to talk about something big happening in the autumn 2007 that involved Nintendo? Altough it isn't autumn yet.

Just a question to the author of this thread: Why are you asking this here? In a swedish forum..
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer, Robber)
Citerar The Frostexx:
Citerar Halvirkh:
Revolutionpetax?

Might be, might be. Cause didn't he use to talk about something big happening in the autumn 2007 that involved Nintendo? Altough it isn't autumn yet.

Just a question to the author of this thread: Why are you asking this here? In a swedish forum..

Han bor i sverige, förstår svenska, men har svårt att skriva det. Så han skriver på engelska.
Tie me in chaos, bind me in pain, Sanctioned forty-nine theurgy chains
Citerar Deathsoul:
Han bor i sverige, förstår svenska, men har svårt att skriva det. Så han skriver på engelska.

Kollade upp det sen och såg det
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Scavenger, Trespasser, Adventurer, Loner, Killer, Explorer, Robber)
Killen kan svenska, även om han skriver på engelska. Ungefär som inredaren med den löjliga hunden på TV. Så ni kan gärna skriva på svenska eftersom vi är ett svenskt forum och inte ska behöva anpassa oss efter en individ.

Flyttar tråden till Spel
Do you have any good old ham?

För att kommentera måste du vara inloggad. Om du inte är medlem än - bli medlem nu!