Atrás

Spel

Här inne pratar vi bara om spel.

! !Nya E3: Bara Nordamerikansk Press! !

=(

http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives/005292.html

-"-

E3 lock out

Australia and the rest of the non-American world has been locked out of the world's premier gaming expo.

Posted by Jason Hill

March 8, 2007

The Australian games industry has been advised that it cannot send staff, journalists or retail partners to the E3 Media and Business Summit to be held in Santa Monica in July.

Chris Hanlon, CEO of the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia, says this year's E3 is now "purely for the North American market and that other territories won't have the opportunity to directly participate as they have in the past".

"The IEAA has been in contact with the ESA to see if we were able to secure a block of tickets for retailers or journalists to get them into the show and we weren't able to do that. The advice that we received back from the ESA was that the show is purely for the North Americans."

It has been known for some time that the new E3 would be a more intimate invitation-only event, but international games publishers (and Screen Play) had been previously told by the ESA they would still be able to nominate limited numbers of non-American representatives, including key media and retail partners.

Sony Computer Entertainment Australia's Managing Director Michael Ephraim says he is "very concerned" about the change.

"Being in Australia we depended on E3 as the place for information for journalists and retailers and staff, the whole experience was like the holy grail of gaming once a year," says Mr Ephraim.

"I'm hoping, and this is my personal opinion, that the companies will realise that a global E3 will be missed after they go through this year.

"All companies in the gaming business are global operations and I think the decisions were based on cost. But when you don't have E3 and you have a year to experience what it will cost to communicate our product to all the relevant people in the industry around the world, I think people who head up these companies will say: 'Hmm, maybe E3 wasn't that expensive and maybe E3 was relevant'."

The Australian games industry is now contemplating establishing its own trade show, perhaps in conjunction with already established events like the eGames and Entertainment Expo or the development industry's Game Connect conference.

Mr Hanlon says "there has been some discussion from our members to the effect that with E3 no longer existing, it might be beneficial to partner with a company that's currently in the games exhibition area, with a view to complementing that show by adding a component which would appeal particularly to retailers and journalists so that they can see the range of software product that's coming in the months ahead."

But the chances of a new Australian event in 2007 are remote. "I think it would be too early for us to mobilize our resources to make it happen this year but we're just in the process of talking to all the companies that organise game shows both here and in New Zealand with a view to potentially partner with someone next year."

Mr Hanlon says there is little the Australian industry can do other than host their own event.

"The show (E3) had become very large and I guess there was some concern from parent companies that the amount of expense that was involved in putting on large shows, and the difficulty of getting code ready to show, but at the end of the day it's a decision made by ESA. It's not something that's in our control."
'Carefree Wherever You May Be...Don't Trust Your Wives With John Terry'
Jason says: I was a critic of the old E3 and certainly welcomed a more intimate event where key journalists could have the opportunity to make well-informed judgments on upcoming games.

E3 had become a circus where many writers, industry analysts and retail buyers made rash assessments on upcoming games based on five-minute trailers they often couldn't hear and barely see from a packed show floor.

But in this global era, limiting (what most believe is still) the world's most important gaming event to the US media would be a grave disservice to Australian consumers whose hunger for information on upcoming products, developers and industry trends continues to grow unabated.

-/"-

GDC - Det nya E3?

E3 skalas ned radikalt från 60,000 till "endast" 5,000 deltagare. Detta enligt Spong ur en artikel som skrevs i Augusti (Länk ).

Härmed blir GDC med sina nuvarande ungefär 15,000 deltagare, större än E3.

-Discuss!
Hmm, betyder alltså att vi inte kommer få någon E3 rapportering från GR själva - dvs sålänge de inte hämtar det hos andra amerikanska tidningar först.

TRåkig nyhet.
Jag kom, Jag såg, Jag postade - Mr.100,000
Citerar instant aim:
Hmm, betyder alltså att vi inte kommer få någon E3 rapportering från GR själva - dvs sålänge de inte hämtar det hos andra amerikanska tidningar först.

Precis.
Citerar ToScA-:
I was a critic of the old E3 and certainly welcomed a more intimate event where key journalists could have the opportunity to make well-informed judgments on upcoming games.
'

Det hade han inte sagt om han inte själv var amerikan.
Jag kom, Jag såg, Jag postade - Mr.100,000
Men vafan...det här var absolut ingen bra nyhet. Först sabbar de den smaskigaste händelsen på hela året, och sedan tillåter de bara nordamerikansk press? Bu.
Till hur många personer räcker 1 liter sås?
Vardelöst! Det är ju bättre för mässan och för spelutvecklarna om det kommer mer folk och kan rapportera mera nyheter.
Dåligt!
Suck.
"Reality is tearing itself asunder - and i must race."
Spelvärlden gillar helt enkelt inte Europa.
Ta det tillbaka
Blä! Älskade E3 förut, nu verkar det bara vara skit kvar.
You are what you love, not what loves you.
Men... Varför?
När du läser detta måste du andas manuellt.
What the freakin hell..
Alltså orka bry sig om E3 längre..GDC och GC ftw!
'Prepare for unforeseen consequences'
Blää.

Citerar ToScA-:

Är inte Tokyo Game Show ännu större?
Ohmygodiminafire!
Citerar Link-boy:
Blää.

Citerar ToScA-:

Är inte Tokyo Game Show ännu större?

År 2006: E3 > TGS > GDC
Tror dock att TGS är öppen för allmänheten.

Numera: TGS > GDC > E3

Gillar dock inte TGS så värst. Den mässan domineras av Japanska spel vilka jag inte uppskattar så värst.

Det jag dock menar med att GDC möjligen ersätter E3 är att båda hålls i USA...nu är dock GDC större.
Citerar ToScA-:
Det jag dock menar med att GDC möjligen ersätter E3 är att båda hålls i USA...nu är dock GDC större.

Aha, ok.

Citerar ToScA-:
Gillar dock inte TGS så värst. Den mässan domineras av Japanska spel vilka jag inte uppskattar så värst.

Hehe, jag spelar och köper nästan bara japanska spel, så jag gillar TGS. Mycket.
Ohmygodiminafire!
Citerar Link-boy:
Citerar ToScA-:

Aha, ok.

Citerar ToScA-:

Hehe, jag spelar och köper nästan bara japanska spel, så jag gillar TGS. Mycket.

Hjärndöda skjutere, blood, våld och västerländska rollspel är vad som gäller för mig. YEAH! =P
Citerar ToScA-:
Hjärndöda skjutere, blood, våld och västerländska rollspel är vad som gäller för mig. YEAH! =P

För mig är det mest typ Zelda och Final Fantasy.
Ohmygodiminafire!
Citerar Link-boy:

Ja, Tokyo Game Show for the win! Den överlägset bästa spelmässan som någonsin har funnits.

Kommer ihåg när Loco Roco utannonserades vid TGS'05. Lyckan var total när Gamereactor rapporterade om det märkligaste spelet världen någonsin hade fått skåda.
Till hur många personer räcker 1 liter sås?
Naah följer nästan aldrig TGS. GC och GDC ftw
'Prepare for unforeseen consequences'
Då får Benke jobba som insider och försöka smyga sig in som "amerikan" journalist.

Good luck.
Citerar Th3 End:
Då får Benke jobba som insider och försöka smyga sig in som "amerikan" journalist.

Good luck.

tycker att GR skall i protest sluta skriva om E3 även andra tidningar så kommer den säkert att dö ut... tycker att det är grymt sniket att säga att det är för dyrt eller något sådant... lika irreterande som när Sony sa att det inte gjorde någonting när dom släppte PSPn ett halvår försent likväl när dom hade planer på å släppa Ps3an försent... kokade över deras ignorans till gamerserna. vafan varför ens ha det om det är endast till amerikansk press för då? lägg ner skiten om dom tycker att det kostar för mycket.
Islam+frihet=lol
Ånej. Slut på de nyfikna vår-eftermíddagarna då man klickat in sig på GR direkt efter skolan när man anlänt hem för att läsa de senaste nyheterna från E3 Ajajaj...
SM-GULD: 1981,1986,1988,1997,1998,2002,2006,2009,2011
Um... men. Visst är det som är kvar av E3 sviktigt men vi har ju nya nästan identiska mässan, Entertainment For All. E4A. Eller E4 All, hur man nu vill kalla det. Dit är jag säker på att alla är välkommna.
Live in your world, we'll play in ours | May the Innovation be with you...
Kasst! Snacka om att döda E3 totalt nu...
Först ECTS död och sen E3, hoppas stenhårt på Leipzig och TGS i fortsättningen.
"Please don't tell mum i'm a pilot, she thinks I'm playing piano in a whorehouse."

För att kommentera måste du vara inloggad. Om du inte är medlem än - bli medlem nu!